Cannabis is a treasure trove of therapeutic compounds, but the right strain can make all the difference. If you are new to cannabis or looking for a change, it’s important to know how to identify quality cannabis and what to look for when buying it. Here are some tips on how you can determine if your weed is good quality:
1) Look at the color- Cannabis should be green with hints of orange and brown mixed in. If your weed is mostly yellow or brown, then this could mean that it was exposed to too much light during growth which will result in less potent bud.
2) Smell- The smell matters because not only does it tell you about potency, but also helps avoid mold growth. Cannabis that smells like diesel fuel is usually indicative of high THC content and should be avoided. If you are able to smell the plant at all, it’s a good sign because this means there were no chemicals used during its cultivation.
3) Texture – The buds should be sticky to the touch and not crumble in your fingers. This is a good sign that the plant was properly cured after harvest. If the buds are dry and crumbly, then it was not cured properly and may have a lower THC content. When buying cannabis, always be sure to ask the dispensary staff questions about the product. They should be able to tell you the strain name, cannabinoid levels, and whether or not it was grown organically.
4) Taste – The taste of cannabis is also an important indicator of quality. If the plant was grown organically, it will have a slightly earthy taste. If not, then you can expect a harsher and more chemical-like taste.
5) Efficiency – Finally, the best way to determine cannabis quality is through trial and error. Being aware of what you are looking for in terms of taste, smell, color & texture will help guide you to finding the right strains that meet your needs.
After you find out the right quality for your needs, then it comes to the price. Just like any other product, the price of cannabis can vary depending on where you get it from. Generally, though, the better the quality, the more expensive it will be. But you can always do your research based on your location. It is better to get ideas from different providers from your area and compare the price and quality. It will help you get the best value for your money.