How to set up QuickBooks Desktop for the first time
QuickBooks is one of the most used and best business, accounting, and finance software. This software is built to make business accounting easy to handle with more accurate results. This software is commonly utilized by small and medium sized businesses. This software is very easy to adapt and run. The user just needs to fill all mandatory information and within a while. Installation of QuickBooks is very easy but the user needs to learn some basic knowledge on setting up QuickBooks for the first time. To begin the usage of it, one wishes to set it up at the system for which a few steps want to be followed.
Steps to organize QuickBooks Desktop for the first time
Step by step guide to getting started with QuickBooks for the the first time are following:
Stage 1: Registration for the QuickBooks
The user can register for the QuickBooks desktop in just one minute or even less than that. First the user needs to register and enter all the required information. After that you will find free trial and subscription options such as simple start, essential and plus version of QuickBooks. Now you can choose any of the QuickBooks package as per your according after taking a free trial.
The QuickBooks has three different packages or subscription options:
- Simple Start Plan: $5/month- This plan comes with this, you can create invoices, get estimates and download your bank transactions.
- Essentials Plan: $10/month- It gives you access that are offered in all Simple Start features along with the access to manage and pay bills and offers multi-user support.
- Plus Plan: $21/month- With all essential features, the access to track inventory, prepare and print 1099’s.
All these subscription plans are available on free access for a duration of 30 days. That free subscription gives you complete access without restrictions. You just need to enter your personal details (your name, email address, username and password), and you will be able to take advantage of the free online trial.
Stage 2: Customize the Company Preferences and Account Settings
You get access to customize your all company preferences and account settings from the available options:
- You can show a daily agenda on the QuickBooks Dashboard. After signing in for first time you will takedown some tutorials that assist you in setting up different parts of your new account. Now, you should set your company preferences that will help you move ahead with the QuickBooks.
- From the top menu bar, choose the ‘Company tab’ and select “Preferences”. Then Fill or ‘Edit your company’s contact details’ and change the account settings in the manner you like. These settings may also consist of bill automation, credit card installments, and time monitoring and finance.
Stage 3: Import significant Business Data to QuickBooks
This new QuickBooks version permits clients to import all the information with no issue. You would not have to do manual transfers or arrangements. This software will help you import all company information straightforwardly to QuickBooks to do transactions from bank accounts, customer information from Excel, and Excel graph of accounts, email applications.
To do these things, you would be needed to tap on the ‘Company tab’ at the top menu bar and afterwards select ‘More’ and ‘Import Data’ from the drop-down menu.
You will get many alternatives options to upload the file and you can pick the one according to your preference. Besides, uploading your client or vendor list is simple with this new software program. Simply match each field with your QuickBooks ensuring no error in the list, you can go on.
A portion of the business records you can import to QuickBooks incorporate client or merchant information, items & services from excel, chart of bills from Excel, transactions from your bank, and QuickBooks desktop company information. You may furthermore appreciate a few types of errors while importing but that can be easily troubleshooted.
In this cycle, you can feel that QuickBooks makes you over-classify some of the businesses but that will help you in keeping your business extra organized.
Stage 4: Sync QuickBooks with your Bank Accounts
Firstly, click on the ‘Banking tab’ on the top of the screen and it will consequently associate QuickBooks with your bank account. At that point, click on ‘Download Transactions’.
From that point forward, a pop up window will seem where you need to fill your ‘Bank details’ that you need to adjust with the software.
Then, a pop up window will appear where you need to ‘Fill your bank details’ that you need to synchronize with the software. You can utilize your online banking ‘username and password’. Following a couple of moments, your record will be synchronized with the software and all your bank transactions will be imported to the software.
At long last you can append your ‘Client and merchant names’ to every one of the transactions. This attachment or coordinated information will help you monitor the credit and debit information.
Stage 5: Sync the Business credit cards
- Make certain all of your credit score card records are suggested in QuickBooks by ‘sync your credit score card accounts’ as well. This way you don’t have to document your facts manually: QuickBooks will automatically keep track of it and make certain it’s accurate.
- If you desire to sync your credit score cards, click on the Banking tab at the top menu bar, then choose More after which Registers from the drop down menu.
- Type your bank account details, then click on OK. You’ll see a pop-up window asking what type of account you’d want to set up. And select the Credit Card option in the pop-up that looks and QuickBooks will release a credit card setup wizard. This wizard will assist you sync your cards in just a few easy steps.
Stage 6: Customize your Invoices with Company Banking
- Also, a decent business has always looked attractive and very much kept up invoices by which the clients get impressed without any problem. This should be possible exclusively by ‘customizing QuickBooks invoices’ with the company logo and branding.
- As a client, you would be happy to realize that QuickBooks supports ‘customizable invoices’ and is additionally very glad to do so. You can change ‘style, color, text style, layout, and size’. However, this should be remembered that total invoice customization is simply accessible to the clients who are the ‘QuickBooks Plus Subscribers’.
- Snap on the ‘Clients tab’ to get to the customization menu, select ‘create Invoices’. Pick your ideal invoice layout starting from the drop down list and make your own. You can additionally change the invoice by clicking on the ‘Formatting tab’ and afterward click on ‘Customize Date Layout’.
- Redo the plan and the format. Search for the ‘Use Logo Checkbox’ and check whether your logo looks pleasant and doesn’t get trimmed while you use it in the invoice.
Stage 7: Import your contacts to the QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Online making it simple to import the contacts. If you did not import
QuickBooks ensures that you are prepared to accomplish everything.
- To begin with, click on Company > More > Import Data, at that point select Customers or Vendors.
- You can upload this information asan Excel or CSV file. When the file is imported, QuickBooks will automatically extract information.
- Subsequent to bringing in that file, QuickBooks will automatically fill your information into its own fields. This information should copy over plainly easily, but QuickBooks will sometimes have some errors.
- Yet, when replicating the information, QuickBooks makes some errors. Once you have filled out all the information correctly, you can ‘Continue and review‘ the information.
Tips and Tricks When Using QuickBooks for the First Time
Assuming you’re beginning to use QuickBooks for the first time, then you should make a point to try not to use certain tools until you become more familiar with the software. Here are some tips that are following:
Firstly Avoid Using Invoices and Estimates
As a first time user, using the Invoices and Estimates included in QuickBooks can be extremely helpful. We suggest you avoid using these features until and except if you’re more familiar with the software. QuickBooks consequently posts accounting activity when you use these functions. When you realize how the sums are created, then you can begin using built-in Invoices and estimates that will assist you to make your business’s QuickBooks account exceptionally exact.
Separate the Business
QuickBooks permits a user to adjust the accounts with the software program but it is prescribed to keep your business bank account independent or separate and it should exclude any personal or close information or transactions.
Pro QuickBooks Advisors Available to Help You
Intuit has a QuickBooks ProAdvisor framework that allows you to discover close-by QuickBooks professionals based on your ZIP code or postal code. Based on ‘ZIP code’ or ‘postal code’, QuickBooks assists you discover the nearby QuickBooks experts who are guaranteed who can assist you with issues identified with the software.
Interfacing the QuickBooks with Payroll Software
Some entrepreneurs appreciate that calculating payroll manually is a difficult task. QuickBooks is the most well known programming software that can assist you do payroll rapidly and accurately. With QuickBooks you can match up payroll software programs. This will help you stay refreshed with the tax laws and different changes.
By following all the above mentioned steps and tips, you can become a QuickBooks master in time and easily be able to install QuickBooks desktop for the first time. If you have any questions or queries please ask it directly to our experts. more info to visit: https://liveblogcenter.com/