SEO (search engine optimization) consists of everything you use to ensure that your website is visible in the search engine results pages (SERPs). These methods include technical (“on-page SEO”) and promotional (“off-page SEO”). Both are important if you want your website quickly and easily indexed – something you don’t want to miss out on since it provides about 75% of all website traffic today. Here are a few SEO tips that any good SEO company desires for you to know so that your site makes it into the top 5 spots on Google.
Make sure you provide your users with a great experience.
There are a lot of ways your website can benefit from listening to SEO tips such as this one. This isn’t anything complicated, either. It simply means that your website needs to be easy to navigate and search. You also want to ensure that you link related content together. These things will keep your visitors to your website looking for more information from you. The longer they’re there, the more likely they are to become a customer.
A word about internal linking…
This is something that your editors and writers need to pay attention to as they publish their articles on your website. By doing so, they can help you move traffic around and send higher trust signals to Google. Of course, these aren’t the only benefits that this practice has. When asked, any SEO company will tell you that the other benefits of following this SEO tip include the following:
- This will give your audience additional relevant content to read so that they stay at your site longer, thus reducing your bounce rate.
- You’ll be able to improve the way your site ranks for various keywords. This is because linking to an article from another related article will tell Google that the content is also relevant to readers. However, you don’t want to use the same anchor text leading to the same page too frequently, or Google will deem them suspicious.
- Internal linking enables Google to both crawl and index your site. It shows Google’s robots that your content is trustworthy and useful. This will then encourage Google to crawl through more of your internal links.
Make sure you avoid those things that Google penalizes for.
While a lot of SEO tips that an SEO company gives are about doing certain things, there are also some things that any good SEO company will let you know that you should avoid. This includes things like:
- Creating content that’s either irrelevant or deemed low quality.
- Not spending time to ensure that your website is moving fast and is compatible on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Placing a full-page ad on a mobile site forces users to download your app to visit your site.
- Forgetting to include meta descriptions and title tags.
- Improperly tagging images.
- Creating content that quickly becomes outdated.
- Stuffing keywords into articles makes them incomprehensible for humans.
- Hiding text and links throughout a website.
- Buying links or extensively trading them with other websites.
- Duplicating your content or copying it from another website.
- Thrusting annoying, overly intrusive ads in visitors’ faces.
- Ignoring social media marketing and local SEO.
Hire an SEO company and start using these SEO tips today.
There are a lot of SEO tips you’ll need to follow so that you can get a high volume of organic traffic steadily flowing to your website. At the Local SEO Tampa Company in Tampa, FL, we understand that this isn’t what you want to hear when you’re already busy running a business. That’s why you should hire us to be your SEO company and take care of these things for you.