Do you want to make housekeeping and cleaning duties faster, easier, and more efficient? Then, for each product you use, list housekeeping items and equipment you must have!
First, having the appropriate housekeeping tools and equipment for the substance you are cleaning will significantly impact you. Second, several cleaning equipment pieces have been modified due to current technology, making them significantly more efficient and the best housekeeping cleaning materials. They may be safer, lighter, and easier to manage. Finally, better products and equipment can significantly improve your health and the environment.
Must-Have Housekeeping Equipment List for Domestic Housekeepers
Manual Cleaning Equipment
Manual cleaning products are easy to use and must-have things you should have in your house. Some of them are mentioned below to assist you in making your list:
- Abrasives: Sharpening stones, grit paper
- Brushes: Handheld flat brushes
- Trolley: Often found in hotels and used to store all housekeeping tools, you may make one for the household where you work if there is enough space to move the trolley.
- Dustbins: Check that they are large enough to hold all the trash and close properly. You don’t want any garbage odours to escape when someone comes home!
- Dusting Clothes: These are soft clothes designed just for dusting. Do not use them for any other cleaning or damp surfaces.
- Dustpans: Useful for collecting dust and grime off the floor by hand, but not for serious cleaning.
- Mops: String mops, dust mops, synthetic mops. Varied mops have different absorption qualities, so clean them after each usage. Also, make sure that they dry completely.
- Spray Mop: The trigger spray sprays a thin mist of cleaning solution onto the floor in front of the mop head, which is helpful for quick touch-ups.
- Mop Wringer: A bucket that allows you to wring the mop without getting your hands filthy. Again, ensure this is cleaned and dried after each use – do not leave water residue in the bucket.
Chemical-Free Cleaners that Boost your Cleaning procedure
We recommend you use a chemical-free cleaning product to boost your cleaning procedure because chemical products contain toxins that can harm you and your family. Ensure you understand the various products and chemicals, the harm they can cause, and the places where you can and cannot use them. Below are some of the types of products you should have on your list while you are going to shop cleaning equipment:
- Vinegar: A fantastic and natural cleaning solution that may be mixed with water to make a DIY product.
- Baking soda: Baking soda can deodorize the refrigerator, carpets/upholstery, the bottom of a bin, and drains.
- Bathroom Cleaners: Descale, clean, and remove limescale
- Degreaser: An industrial cleaning agent used to assist clean glasses and bowls.
- Floor cleaners: Choose the best floor cleaner for cleaning various floors, such as wooden floors, tiles, etc.
- Laundry cleaners: Detergents, conditioners, and stain removal treatments
- Antibacterial: Used for a variety of cleaning tasks.
- Toilet facilities: Placed into the toilet to enhance magic and cleansing with each flush.
- Toilet cleaning products: Unblocks and removes stains
- Carpet cleaners: Helps in the removal of stains and general dirt buildup.
Electric Cleaning Equipment
Regarding housekeeping, many electric tools are available to help you clean your house. Our technicians have made excellent technical equipment for big companies. Some are mentioned below:
- Vacuum Cleaner: There are many various models available, and the style and type that is best used will depend on the environment. Consider cordless vacuums, but be sure they have adequate suction force and battery power to clean the entire house in one session. Some households may have a cordless vacuum cleaner for each floor.
- Box Sweeper: Cleans carpets and floors with brushes
- Polishing machine: This machine shines floors and can be rented for deep cleaning.
- Vapour cleaning: This is used in industrial enterprises to assist in removing chemical odours and eradicate pest problems (such as bed bugs); these can be purchased for the private household if needed. It could be used for extensive cleaning or before a family relocates to a new home.
- Iron/Steamer/Press: Used to iron, press, and display wrinkle-free clothing. If there are no stains, this will prevent you from having to take your garments to the dry cleaners!
- Window cleaner: Choose something light and manoeuvr able that you can easily carry.
- Steam Mop: A steam mop is a mop that cleans floors and carpets by using steam. Unlike a regular mop, which requires cleaning agents such as bleach or detergent, a steam mop disinfects the floors using heat from steam. A micro fibre pad is frequently placed directly beneath the steam jet to capture dirt. The steam mop is powered by electricity and can be used for more thorough cleaning; however, check which surfaces it can be used on!
So these are some housekeeping tools and equipment you must have on your list while preparing to clean your house. For cleaning agents, we recommend you use only organic products that are safe for you and your family.
MyNiwa is an online platform where you can find premium quality organic and the best floor cleaners from various brands.